A book is checked out, how can I get it? (Recall)
If you are eligible to recall materials, you may place a recall request on a regularly circulating item that is currently checked out. A patron is allowed to have an item for seven days before the recall goes into effect. Recalls may be placed in the Library or from a personal computer in the following manner:
- Locate the item in the online catalog.
- Click on the "Place Request(s)" link.
- Enter your 12-digit barcode number and last name in the correct boxes.
- Click on the "Login" button
- Click "OK" when Recall appears in the drop down box. The "Recall" screen will appear.
- Enter your 12-digit barcode number in the space marked "Barcode".
- Click on the "Submit Request" button. A message that states "Your patron initiated request was successful" will appear if the recall is successfully completed.
Visit or call the Circulation Desk at 334-844-1701 if you have any questions or encounter any difficulties.