Q. Can you explain how to order a book through ALLIES?
From the library's home page, http://www.lib.auburn.edu/, click on Services in the orange banner and then the ALLIES link. From the ALLIES page, click the link on the left for "How to request ALLIES material online":
- Select your home library, ALLIES at Auburn University Libraries
- You will see a screen showing an All ALLIES (Universal Borrowing) menu. The default is to search the multiple library catalogs (AUM, JSU, and UA). Uncheck the libraries you don't want to search. Then click the "Connect" button.
- The next page displayed will be the searchable catalog. At the top of the screen, you will see the list of libraries you are searching. Type the author, title, subject, or call number you want to search. Click on search.
- The system will perform a simultaneous search. You may have to wait a few seconds while the system is searching. Once the search is complete, click on show under search status.
- The items you searched for will be displayed. Once you find the item you want, click on the title.
- Make sure the item status shows Not Charged. If this is the item you want to request, click on the title.
- At the bottom of the page, you will need to choose your home library from the first drop-down menu. In the second box, type your patron ID. Follow the instructions at the top of the page to identify what your patron ID is. In the third box, type your last name in the box. Your patron information should appear.
- A request menu will appear on the next screen. Choose ALLIES request/Universal Borrowing request form. Click OK.
- Enter your information as above.
- At the request screen, type your patron barcode, enter any comments, and choose the the library where you want to pick the item up at from the pickup library drop-down box.
- Click Submit Request. Make sure the screen displays the message Patron Initiated Request is Successful.
It will take 3 to 5 days to receive the book, you will get an email when it comes in.